Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems - Correspondence
Regular: $115.00 + $14.95 HST = $129.95 CAD
The Walkerton Clean Water Centre is the course administrator for the Ministry's Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems Course.
The main purpose of the course is to help the trained person understand the basic concepts related to the operation and maintenance of small drinking water systems. The information covered in this course refers to the most common techniques used in Ontario.
• Review drinking water regulations for small systems & operators
• Discuss sources of pollution & chemical characteristics of drinking water
• Identify well & surface water equipment considerations
• Review general requirements & troubleshooting techniques for water treatment and disinfection equipment
• Discuss sampling requirements & operation checks
• Cover how to respond to adverse test results & observations, including reporting & corrective actions
• Identify safety considerations for small system drinking water operations
As soon as you are registered, the course manual will be couriered to you and you will have 1 year to complete it. When you are ready for the exam, an exam paper will be mailed to you at your request. At that point you will have a maximum of 3 weeks time to complete this exam and send the completed exam paper back to us. If you attain 70% or more a certificate will be issued to you.
* Please be advised this course must be completed within 12 months from the date of registration.*
This course is available online, correspondence, and classroom
Individuals seeking “trained person” designation under O.Reg. 170/03, are required to successfully complete this course. This course is available online, in class, or through correspondence.
This course also meets the requirement for a person to complete a course of study approved by the Director as one of the qualifications for the Limited Groundwater Subsystem Operator or Limited Surface Water Subsystem Operator Certificate.