The Centre recognizes that effective training for practical skills must be, at least in part, hands-on. To meet this need the Walkerton Clean Water Centre Research & Technology Institute, in collaboration with our Training Institute, is continuously working to increase the offering of courses using more elements of hands-on training.
The Available Hands-on Courses as of April 2012
- Operation of Conventional Treatment Processes (1.9 CEUs) for Operators, 2.5 day for postsecondary institutions
- Membranes for Drinking Water Treatment
- Performing Inspections and Maintenance of Fire Hydrants
- Performing Service Taps on Watermains
- Practice of Water Analysis and Interpretation
- Practice of Rapid Filtration
- Practice of Water Chlorination
- Slow Sand Filtration
- Treatability Studies and Jar Testing
For more information on the opportunity to come to the Centre for hands-on training click here.
First Nations Hands-on Courses
For more information please contact Leona Cunningham, 1-866-515-0550 x 342 firstname.lastname@example.org
Postsecondary Students Operation of Conventional Treatment Processes:
For more information please contact Corinne Louther, Training Coordination Supervisor at 519 881 2003 x 312, email@example.com.
- Invitation to colleges and universities with a water related program to attend a special 2.5 day program at the Centre’s Technology Demonstration Facility